Running to 100 Store

Thursday, December 2, 2010

This and that on Thursday

As has been for the last two months I was up at 5am to do my routine. Stumble around the house gathering gym clothes,work clothes,school work,laptop and lunch. A few rumblin's to my family if they are up by the time I am leaving then off to the gym.
I have decided to take some video this coming week of a few of my go to exercises that I personally find very helpful in trail,mountain running.
So the gym routine this AM was a little different than normal. I have class this evening after work which will not allow time for me to drive to the gym.. do my cardio for the day then still make it to school on time. With this reality I decided to do 30 min. cardio on the stationary bike then lift weights for 30 min. Normally in the AM I do 10 min card to warm up then spend the rest of the hour lifting weights/stretching.
What shall I do for my evening workout? Well I have not run AT ALL for over 2 weeks. Not even a trot across the parking lot. So… I know I have said I will not run until Jan. 1st and I still hold to that. BUT I am going to do 4 miles this evening on the trails. Not full on running. I plan on doing a light jog and at any signs of pain I will stop and walk. Then pick back up until any signs of pain reappear. To me this is not running.
My concerns are for my achilles tendon on my right leg. I had a small tear appear several weeks ago from being overly aggressive doing weighted calve raises at the gym. I know this take some time to heal and do not want it to progress into something chronic. But I feel my conservative approach to todays speed walk will not effect the healing of the tendon. I guess parts of me inside are a little nervous about my knee also. IT Band issues are hell to get rid of. I am not 100% sure my IT is healed. I dread doing this power walk and having it flair up. If it does I do confess I will be very disappointed and frustrated. I have worked on stretching,strength and rest to rid myself of this issue. If I run into pain this evening then all of my work will have been in vain.
So… I shall update everyone on the results of this little experiment tomorrow. I do hope to be a bit more vigilant in taking some pics of everything I am doing so that you get a nice visual to go along with my words.
In closing I would like to say… If you click on the links of products that I mention throughout my post and purchase from those links both Derek and I get a small percentage of the sale. We plan on either using any money we get for our expenses in traveling to Oregon next September for our 100 mile race or donating the cash to charity. Just so you know what we are trying to do.
Happy Thursday Everyone,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment