Running to 100 Store

Monday, December 6, 2010

The evening workout and soreness

I was really dragging today. Lack of sleep,life stress and other things have seem to of taken their toll on me.
I did lift weights this am but this evening I didn't want to go to the gym. I just wanted to go home.. eat a big meal and go to bed. But I sucked it up and did the stairclimber on 14 for 45 minutes.
I was sad today because my achilles tendon was sore from yesterdays bike ride. This means it's TOTALLY not ready to run let alone bike for long periods. So much for commuting to work. It just cannot take 40 miles total on the bike yet. Good news is my IT Band I am almost certain has stopped barking at me.
I need to exercise patience and keep focus correcting what I can and leaving be what I cannot. That is an art form I have yet to master. That includes the rest of my life not just exercise/running. So in my funk that I am in I need to recognize it as an opportunity for growth. Things of value are seldom easy and this is no exception.
I may take tomorrow am off and take a walk during lunch. I am really sore all over from the weight lifting and the bike ride. Depends if I can sleep. Seems the stress of life has taken away my ability to sleep at will. So I go on with about 5 hours tops of sleep a night. Augh....
Night Everyone,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment