Running to 100 Store

Friday, March 18, 2011

Sprung

Just a quick side note. I am giving up Facebook. I was going to do it cold turkey but am running into some very real issues of getting "real" contacts from friends. So looks like I will have to taper my usage over time to tidy up loose ends.
So anyway…
Derek is a runnin fool. Get almost daily updates on his training. He is speeding along and staying healthy. Can't wait to cheer him on at Hat Run tomorrow. I suspect if his soul is right he can win the race. I spoke to him last night about it. I could hear doubt in his voice upon the suggestion but I know Derek as a runner. I know his spirit and its strong. He has the beast inside. If he is hungry and in no mood it will be time to eat. Look for Derek to eat up tomorrow! Best to you Brother Derek. I know what you are and it is good.
As for me since my last entry. Many things have changed. Sure enough slow and steady. Mod'ing my running style continues. The healing of my tendons continues. The healing of my mind continues. Within those things that grind daily moments of flow have come.
Just as the sap of the trees, the water in the rivers and the copious amounts of sun are bursting at the seams so does it seem the spirt of running is starting to flow in me. I have been spending a good bit of time in the woods again on a daily basis and find over time if you do this some sort of rhythm begins to unfold between myself and nature. The way the trees lean, the way the wind blows. The way the litter on the forest floor mingles with the delicate sprouts working hard to grow. I too mingle with these things. They are in me and I in them.
Derek and I were speaking yesterday about those moments in a run… when through the forefoot and the ground comes an electric energy. When as you push on the ground the ground pushes on you propelling you forward. When all thoughts stop,time stands still and you are one with the trail. Entranced in a wonderful dance. Flowing without effort one no more than the other. The balance we so often search for in life is found. It is an honor for me and I know Derek would say the same. This gift that there are no real words for. At least no words that adequately describe.
This weekend will be filled with life's turmoil. This weekend will be filled with life's gifts. I hope to live this weekend like it will be my last. I cannot help but to be inspired to do my best by the the spring. The tree's, plants and animals doing their best to be prepared to survive and thrive. I hope that everyone lives this weekend to their best.
Happy Friday,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment