Running to 100 Store

Friday, March 4, 2011

Fuel

Inspiration can drive. Inspiration can paralyze. Inspiration can alter time. Inspiration can do many things but I find to be a constant pouring from inspiration is fuel. Inspiration is a stimulus.

To me what is most fascinating about inspiration is it's source. Where does it flow from? Seems to me inspiration is found in the folds of life. Both in the folds of physical objects but also within the chemical reactions of our own minds. But how is it released from these folds?

As the sun shown across my body and the wind blew across my face I found myself standing next to one of these folds. It had opened right before me. Gliding along its smell and taste filled my lungs. More than anything I wanted to see it. Once removed as is always the case I could not.

Often in these moments I wonder is this what perfection is? Is this what perfection feels like? Hidden in the folds of this so often "dirty" life that we all know and these "dirty" people we all are is perfection tucked away just enough to keep a refreshing reminder of what could be?
WIth that said most of you know the Local Natives music has been one of these folds of perfection to me. While I ran wondering if I would ever see inspiration these lyrics came to mind:

"Quietly he sat between the folds of a tree trunk
Oh to see it with my own eyes
All the men of faith and men of science had their questions
Could it ever be on earth as it is in heaven"

I am not here to suggest my beliefs about heaven,soul,god or life. I only know what I am. I only know my personal feelings and experience. Within that structure I DO often wonder about life outside of the three dimensions we seem bound to. Inspiration to me this day was a peek into a dimension I cannot go. A world that I do not know. Only a place I wish to see.
Happy Weekend Everyone,
Jess

2 comments:

  1. Jess trying to contact you. This is James I am working in york which i think is not far from you. Looking for a good run in the area. I travel home everynight but could stick around for a run

    ReplyDelete
  2. james shoot me an email at fowvaydriver@yahoo.com
    i work in york!

    ReplyDelete