Running to 100 Store

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Bloom



Tucked away there are secret spots in the woods. Worlds in themselves within a world made from thousands of elements
to produce an early flower, to grow moss where there would be none. It seems in life we stumble onto these secret spots not only in the woods but in our own personal journeys.

We find ourselves looking around asking the questions "how did i get here" and "how is this possible". Those are the times the secret spots are found. I suspect there is no formula that can be built nor information distilled down to explain this phenomena. They are built from an infinite amount of ingredients. For me personally, when I find myself within these moments it is precisely the time that i feel most alive.

If I were to describe as best I can what triggers these moments it would be angle and movement. Something about moving on an angle that is special to me. Many times during a run in the woods as the hills come and go leaning forward and back stepping side to side a door will open wide. Fully unexpected I see these secret spots. This is exactly what happened while running last night.

What did I find? Flowers in full bloom. Something wonderful. Like a baby tucked away safe and sound in a bassinet so were these flowers. Blessings of extra sun,extra water running off the nearby hill. Protected from the cool winds by a large stone. I also found myself now part of this secret spot.

The rest of my run I found spirit,hope,curiosity,inspiration,comfort,wonder and excitement from my brief encounter with the secret spot of the woods. I was thankful there are secret spots. The unknowns in life. They are not to be dreaded but approached with excitement and curiosity. So many times I find myself dreading the unknown or at least a feeling of uneasiness. But this should not be so. That is life. The discovery of the unknown. When the unknown is found for that moment life is seen and you are alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment