Running to 100 Store

Monday, November 29, 2010

Let the games begin

As is sit here on this November 29th evening I hardly feel like a runner anymore. I have not run but maybe 40 miles in the last two months. After running injured in my goal race of the year the Megatransect I ended up with a nasty case of IT Band pain. I believe this was due to my altered stride to compensate for the pain of my original injury.
Either way I have been sidelined from running for TOO long now. I have been keeping my fitness through weight lifting,stair climber and stationary bike 7 days a week. This has also help keep my sanity to at least some degree. I have finally begun to heal but am not fully healed. Hard to believe there will come a time where I once again consider myself a "runner".
So on Jan. 1st of this year my journey will begin towards my first 100 mile race next September. Its funny that the person that has come into my life to take on this journey with me is also suffering from IT Band issues in the same leg as me.
Together we will both battle to come back from the depths of doubting if we truly are "runners" to take on one of the toughest races one can take on. A 100 mile mountain run in the great state of Oregon, named Pine to Palm 100.
Will you follow us on this journey? If you do I will have been honored to have you along.
Cheers,
Jesse

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving that you and Derek are going to be able to feed off of each other in tackling P-to-P. I've got my sights set on the Stone Mill 50 Miler in November with hopes that 100 miles lies somewhere in my future. Looking forward to following your steps in that direction and hoping to play what small part I can in your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kinds words and support Leon! I agree about Derek. What a gutsy runner he is and a great person all around. I look forward to taking this epic journey with him. Best of luck on the Stone Mill 50! I have no races scheduled at this point other than the Hat Run 50k in March. I figure from Jan1st till March should be sufficient time to get myself in decent running shape again assuming my body does not complain.
    Cheers,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete