Running to 100 Store

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A conversation on depression....

Derek wrote:
was thinking about you today- While I was busy at work, trying to burn off work frustration, I kept my mind at ease by thinking of a long run! Being that both you and I are not running now(but are on the Rest Now, Run Stronger later plan), I was thinking of you and I at Pine 2 Palm next year! Wish you the best brother- hope we can hang soon-
Jesse wrote:
 i too think about those things derek when i am doing squats in the gym at 6:00am in the morning. i am not paid to do it. there is no glory. alone in the corner of the gym giving it my all. putting a deposit in the bank of endurance and mental strength. in this i find life endurance to push through the pain and trials i face. its a small gentle voice that i begin to hear. made audible by suffering. there is joy to be found in suffering if you listen. I often forget this.

No comments:

Post a Comment